Teen Camp Experience
Register for Teen Camp ONLINE HERE!
Running simultaneously with Session E of Kids Camp, Teen Campers sleep in tipis, enjoy the amazing meals and facility that we provide for all our campers and are an important part of our camp community. In addition to Teen Camp's unique programing developed for young adults, campers will also have the opportunity to be "kids" at camp. They'll walk on stilts, learn skills and trapeze, swim in a lake, have free time and much more! Ages 15 - 17.
Two one week sessions to choose from!
Besides BIG FUN Teen Camp emphasizes the teen community sharing their backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and cultures through art, performance, dance, workshops, eating and laughing and living together. They do this within their own Teen Camp community and with the larger Kids Camp community as well.
We as camp professionals want to join with you and your young adult in preparing for their future. Come for one week or two - the programming and daily structure of Teen Camp is based on the knowledge that youth benefit from experiences of empowerment, creative activities, responsibility and encouragement.
Service Learning Focus
Woven into the daily camp schedule Teen Campers choose to focus on one or several service projects as a Service-Learning experience. Each focus will hold classes throughout the week and along with their mentors, teens complete a project benefiting the Camp community.
Menu of Activities (not all activities occur each session)
- Morning classes with the whole camp community (see Kids Camp Experience for a list of classes)
- Creative arts
- Past Service Learning Focuses: GoPro intensive, The Natural World, Theater of the Oppressed
- Workshops on self and community
- Group Challenges
- Journal Making and Daily Entries
- Hikes & Natural Habitat Studies
- Trust Games & Team Building
- Astronomy and Star Gazing
- laughing, meeting good friends, enjoying the lazy days of summer, growing your community, looking toward the future while running away to the circus and staying up past Kids Camp bedtime with your Counselors eating snacks and hanging out! What could be better than that?
Who Should Attend?
From outspoken performers to shy, introspective individuals, Teem Camp is suitable for any young adult aged 15 to 17 who wishes to attend.
We emphasize "Youth voice" along with their service learning projects. For those teens in their Junior year and about to apply to college, this experience could be a part of their Personal Statement.